Galapagos Experience: Volunteer and Travel
Galapagos: Island Hop, Volunteer and Travel! All in One Experience!
Are you searching for more than the average cruise journey around the Galapagos? Instead of spending your entire trip boat-bound, do you want an experience offering exploration, volunteer opportunities, and travel time in the beautiful Islands?
If you have answered yes to these questions then The True Galapagos Experience is for you. Cultural enthusiasts, conservation specialists, lovers of the outdoors and travel fans alike will find something for their needs here.
This programme incorporates an array of exhilarating activities including: swimming with sea lions, snorkeling with sharks, playing with giant tortoises, volunteering at local reserves, strolling along crystalline beaches, island hopping and much more; this is not just a trip, this is The True Galapagos Experience.
So what are you waiting for? This is your chance to create lifelong memories and simultaneously make a lasting positive difference to the Galapagos Archipelago. Do something unique; a lot of people may travel to the islands, but not everyone leaves after enjoying a rewarding experience like this one.
Note: We run small groups with limited capacity, therefore due to high demand we recommend bookings are made as early as possible.
Program Highlights and Benefits:
- This Galapagos Volunteer work programme offers a way to explore the “true” Galapagos Islands, just like Darwin did.
- It includes a unique itinerary with local specialists combining excursions and wildlife interaction with volunteering activities in different islands.
- There is flexibility to enjoy a wealth of other amazing activities and excursions, such as diving with sharks, snorkeling with sea lions, and much more.
- With the aim of being socially responsible, this programme circulates it´s revenues within the local community, significantly increasing employment. This is an action rarely seen in traditional cruise companies, who tend to give nothing back to the neighborhoods in which they operate.
- With the aim of being environmentally responsible, this program maintains a lower environmental impact than traditional cruise tourism.
- We provide a detailed scientific briefing. During your orientation in Quito a local scientist will hold a class to provide important information about the problems facing the Galapagos´. You will also be schooled in how beneficial and essential your volunteer work will be to the future of the Islands.
- We offer great value. A one week traditional cruise excursion in the Galapagos costs around 2500USD. For the same price or less we can give you a true Galapagos Experience, the rewards and memories of which cannot be compared to run-of-the-mill Island boat trips.
How Does This Trip Make a Difference?
The demand for cruise companies and tours has grown in recent years, bringing an increase in pollution and noise which has negatively effected local ecosystems and the behavior of native animals. The development of a sustainable source of local income is essential for the healthy maintenance of the Galapagos Islands, and pivotal in preventing the depletion of the Island´s natural resources. However, cruise companies do not hire local providers or companies, and so the local community does not benefit from this lucrative source. This is where Lead Adventures is different. We invest most of our profits into local businesses in an effort to stimulate economic growth. We do not have the environmental impact of cruise based tourism. Choose us, and you choose to help locals and protect the natural surroundings of the Galapagos.
Join us for the Experience of a Lifetime!