Amazon Animal Welfare & Rescue
Love animals? Help improve animal welfare while living in the Amazon Rainforest!!
- Work with exotic animals that can only be found in the Ecuadorian Amazon Rainforest, distinguished as one of the most biodiverse places in the world!
- Make a difference by improving animals’ rehabilitation and release into the wild.
- Enjoy a fantastic opportunity to live the Amazon experience, all while helping to conserve it!
- Perfect to learn more about the animals, their habitats, and daily needs as well as the Amazon Rainforest, conservation, and more!
- Weekends free to explore and enjoy the other attractions that Ecuador has to offer.
This is a unique opportunity to work directly with the Amazon Animal Rescue Center, set up by an animal-loving family in 2006, and the wild animals they care for. The Center works for the protection of amazonian wildlife, one of the most threatened natural resources of the Amazon Rainforest due to habitat destruction, unsustainable hunting and illegal trapping.
As a volunteer with the Amazon Animal Rescue Center, you get the chance to have a direct effect on animal welfare in the Amazon! You can help rescue and rehabilitate animals that have been illegally trapped, injured and abused, and provide them with safe enclosures and food as close as possible to their natural environment to enable their recovery. The center provides enrichment tools to enable the animals to utilise their natural skills and live in conditions close to those they would experience in the wild to prepare them for their release back into the wild.
Imagine doing all of this while living in a spectacularly beautiful area in the Amazon rainforest, something that so few people get to experience!
VOLUNTEERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TOUCH OR INTERACT WITH THE WILD ANIMALS IN REHABILITATION, AT LEAST THAT THE CENTER DIRECTOR ALLOWS YOU TO DO IT
|Program Duration:||One week minimum|
|Price:||Starts at $290 (1 week)|
|Dates:||Program is open year round. Starts every Sunday.|
|Ideal For:||Individuals, couples, groups, families.|
|Minimum Age:||18 years unless accompanied by a parent or tutor.|
|Language:||English. Spanish is not necessary to volunteer at the center, however if you wish you can add on Spanish lessons in Quito for before you go. Contact us for more information.|
|Location:||The Amazon Animal Rescue Center is situated three kilometers from the town of Puyo, just off the road that leads to Tena. Puyo is the capital of the province of Pastaza and has an altitude of approximately 900m.|
|Operated by:||Lead Adventures (contact us for more info)|